I’ve been nominated for a Liebester Award!
As the lovely Emma (thanks for the nomination!) puts it, its like virtual high five to given to other bloggers and a chance to showcase the lovely talent that each possesses.
Now, there are rules you must follow once nominated:
- Reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate other new bloggers for the Liebster award
- Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer.
This is going to be tough for me, because I’m not in the habit of revealing personal details about myself. Here goes…
- Unlike Emma, I have a terrible immune system! I suspect that a lot of it is stress related, all it takes is a sniffle by someone close by me and BAM I’m sick. And don’t get me started on gastro bugs, I will always pick these up.
- I’m a great procrastinator, especially when exams are getting close. You’ll find me cleaning like a banshee; blogging (ha, ha) and baking so many sweet treats- if you can find something that will distract me from studying you can bet I’ll do it.
- I’m a cooked breakfast kind of gal. Most mornings I will have something ready to go so all I have to do is reheat or do some last minute prep. I find a good hearty (and warm) breakfast so much more satisfying than some muesli and yoghurt (which I’ll happily eat as a snack).
- I deleted Facebook last year, before having to create a new profile this year for uni. It was a great 10 months without all that drivel, I felt quite liberated. It was a pity then, when my cohort decided to create a Facebook group designed just for us as I knew I would miss out on heaps of useful information if I didn’t get back on the bandwagon. It’s a necessary evil unfortunately. I find it somewhat useful for networking but get SO frustrated at the people who seem to think you don’t exist outside of facebook or think you aren’t worth contacting (geez, what I have to text you?!), but that’s a whole other post for some other time!
- I love raw desserts, and not for their supposed “health benefits”. I am fascinated at how you can turn some random ingredients into a tasty mousse or a cheesecake.
- I hate clothes shopping. It’s so boring! There’s not much I like about the experience- standard sizing doesn’t exist anymore so I find my self taking 2 or 3 different sizes into the dressing room and that’s just to try on one thing! It’s all so expensive, especially underwire (am I right ladies?!). It would be nice if new clothes just magically appeared in my wardrobe.
- I love food shopping. Now this is something I can get on board with! I’m one of those weirdos that actually likes grocery shopping and who visits markets just for fun. I can always find some little tasty gem to bring home with me.
- I like my own company. And do often prefer it on weekends when I’ve had a hectic week. Some people find it a bit jarring that I’m not much of a socialite but they get used to it.
- I’m a yogi, but not always a graceful one. I’m the one nosily toppling out of headstands and overbalancing my warrior 3. And you know what? It doesn’t matter! I always use this to my advantage if people are considering trying yoga, I tell them you don’t have to be graceful to give it a try, because I’m certainly not!
- I don’t have a dumb filter. You know what I’m talking about, its like that mean filter that we have where we think awful things in our heads, but you would never say it out loud. Well, sometimes I have less than intelligent thoughts and just blurt them out without even thinking about it.
- I also used to say “Princess Highway”. When I found out it was “Princes” I thought that was a dumb name for a highway, Princess is much better 😛
Now on to my answers to Emma’s questions.
- Smooth or crunchy peanut butter?
CRUNCHY!! I just love the texture of it. Unfortunately my family are smooth fans and majority rules in my house so its not often that I get crunchy PB. Not that I’m complaining, I still get to eat peanut butter 😉
- Do you match the nail polish on your fingers and toes?
I’ve actually worked in the hospitality industry for quite some time, and nail polish is not something I am allowed to wear. Which suits me just fine as I was never really in to it any way. I’ll occasionally paint my toes but that’s about it. So I guess you could say I “match” my nails and toes by not wearing nail polish on either.
- French toast or pancakes?
Pancakes, hands down favourite. My current favourite are big fluffy ones filled with ricotta. I’ve always liked the texture of pancakes and their lovely taste and I’ve never liked French toast, something about the bread and egg combination puts me off.
- Favourite grain or cereal, and why?
I’m going to go with good ol’ wheat. Who doesn’t love a good crusty piece of bread? Just right there you have a food product with so many possible flavour combinations, and all from the humble wheat. We can really thank it for a lot of things?
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Most of the time, exercise. I kick myself out of bed because I know if I miss my morning gym session the day just doesn’t feel right. And plus I get to exercise with a pretty cool bunch of people and I miss them too if I don’t go. If I’m seriously struggling I just look forward to that hot shower and strong coffee that I’m going to reward myself with once its over.
If I’m not going to the gym, well the motivator is usually my tummy; I’m always starving as soon as I wake up!
- What do you think of when you hear of ‘Broccoli and Blueberries’ – Aside from ‘what an odd combination’.
Two things come to mind:
How could I use these two things together? I’m thinking a lovely warm salad… The broccoli would be pan fried with some slivered almonds and maybe some spinach. Blueberries on top with a good squeeze of lemon juice.
Totally random but the B and B reminds me of a movie I would watch as a child- Bed knobs and Broomsticks. Don’t ask me why.
- What is your favourite quote?
“You’ve got what it takes, but it will take everything you’ve got”
This seems to encapsulate my life as a student dietitian. Dietetics is by far the most challenging and demanding thing that I have attempted before and weekly meltdowns seem to be compulsory. But you get through it and realise you can do it and you don’t totally suck at it/passing by a couple of marks.
I also think it is a very empowering and uplifting quote.
- If you were going to a dinner party, what would be the dish you would take?
My signature chocolate cake. It’s a dish that never fails to impress.
- Do you have a pet? If so, what is it’s favourite television show?
I don’t have any pets at the moment. I used to have a dog who was quite the Madame, especially in her later years. She wasn’t a TV sort of dog, if she was a person I can just imagine that she’d sit there in her chair (probably knitting) and scoff at “those youngsters watching junk”. “Who’d want to waste their time on that drivel”, she’d say. She might sneakily watch some late night cricket though.
- Did you have a trampoline growing up?
Yes, and I was a little scared of it. My parents put the fear of god into me that I would bounce too high and bounce off, fall and break my legs. I jumped around on it sure, but there was hell to pay if you doubled bounced me.
My sister was the adventurous one on the trampoline, always flipping and doing crazy stuff. One day she landed funny and dislocated her ankle. It was a really bad dislocation because unlike solid ground, trampolines have a lot of give in them. She eventually recovered and got back on, but not me, no way. (Have I put the fear of god into you yet?)
So there you have it, now you know a little bit more about me! I’m going to cheat a little on this next section. I’m so new to blogging that I don’t know anyone I can nominate! So if you read this and want to have a crack at answering some questions, feel free to! Here’s what you’ll need to answer:
- What’s one thing you grew up believing only to realize that you completely had the wrong idea?
- What’s your least favorite food and why?
- If I were to visit you, where would we go for breakfast?
- Tell me about your first job?
- What’s one thing that really annoys you about current nutrition trends?
- Are you a cat or dog person?
- Who or what inspires you?
- Fried or poached eggs?
- Are you a soup sort of a person in winter? How about salads in summer?
- What was your favorite TV show growing up as a kid?